Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Turn Your Head and Cough

Great news, I just saved a lot of money on my health insurance!

I had a physical today and earned myself a discount. There was nothing unusual about the experience except that my nurse, Jasmine, seemed to be new. She was a little too aware that I was a person and a little too unsure of herself. She tripped over her words when she told me to take off my shirt and lay down. She was apologetic about placing EKG stickies on me; she even seemed to be experiencing the needles with me, looking me in the eyes, taking a breath, and asking "Are you ready?". It might have been creepy, but I got a kick out of it. It made me feel like we were just two friends having a do-it yourself exam. She drew blood expertly and I barely noticed my Tetanus booster. The only thing that sucked was the ear canal irrigation. I've had this done by many different people and I know how it should be done. Well, she kept jamming it into my ear too far, and that scared me. At first there was a more experienced nurse guiding the giant ear syringe, but then she left us alone to finish the job. Ouch!

posted by chopper @ 12:10 PM | 4 comments
4 Comments:
Blogger Tara said...

Yikes. Can you hear me now?

10:41 AM  
 
 
Blogger chopper said...

You know what always catches me off guard after a good ear cleaning? The swish-swoosh noise my trousers make when I walk. It always takes me a minute to identify where that sound is coming from since I haven't heard it in so long.

10:44 AM  
 
 
Blogger Tara said...

The super hearing you forgot you had.

I also find that cleaning my glasses gives me super sight. Go figure!

11:24 AM  
 
 
Blogger Worldgineer said...

I used to get this done occasionally, until I threw caution into the wind (strange expression - you'd think it would be dangerous to throw something into the wind, it might be blown back into you and it would be terribly ironic to stuck and killed by caution) and ignored the warnings on the q-tips box.

12:15 PM  
 
 

Post a Comment

<< Home